Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Trip to DC Report

[This was posted in the comments by Chip, but I wanted to bump it up. And if you missed it, there was a really good (I thought) article in today's Daily Item. -JG]

I write to give an update on the United Union CountyCentral Susquehanna Citizens Democratic Coalition.

A group of us went to DC today to drop off the signatures (1,597!) in support of health care reform that we have gathered since mid-July to Rep. Carney and Senator Casey.
It is my sincere belief that what we have already done has made a difference. The comments from both men indicated clearly to me that they understand there is a "silent majority" who support reform, and that this group needs to stop being silent. We have been a small and dedicated group of people. If you are reading this, please find a way to join us for an hour a week. Wed at the Farmers Market; Sat at the Post Office; or Sun at the rally on Rt. 15.

Thanks-Chip

No comments: