Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Casey's Live Conference Call Tonight

Was anyone able to participate in Senator Casey's "live teleconference" tonight discussing the Senate healthcare bill?

I received a message on our answering machine last night saying to expect a call between 6-7pm tonight, and that if I answered the phone, I'd be teleconferenced in. However, I got the call (around 6:20pm) and said "Hello?" but there was just a long pause on the other end followed by Casey's voice saying, "Hi! This is Bob Casey! Sorry we missed you..." and the rest of the message implied they thought I hadn't answered the phone and they were just leaving another message. So I guess: (a) they need to debug their voice-recognition software, or (b) I need to sound less like a machine when I talk. But in any case, I guess I missed out.

Did this happen to anyone else? Did anyone get in? What did he say about the Senate bill?

No comments: